I suggest you ...

Show powereditor and UI lib when the powerstory tab is selected

When I click the powerstory tab the two options (editor and UI library) should appear.

Right now, each time I go to the tab I need to restart the two items. This is slow.

Also should turn off the edit if I close the tab.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg Jankowski shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPowerStory Support (Admin, PowerStory) commented  · 

thanks for the feedback Greg.

It does take a few seconds to open the steps editor and/or the ui control library when you first start powerpoint. Howerver as long as you have an instance of powerpoint open it will take almost no time to open up either of those two panels, because everything is cached.

However, if you close all instances of powerpoint it will again take a few seconds to open both the steps editor and/or the ui control library.

We had considered opening up the steps editor and the UI Control library automatically when you click on the PowerStory tab, but felt that as a user you may want to use just the steps editor or just the ui control library. This is why we don't open them automatically.

We would be happy to change this decision if enough users would prefer both the steps editor and the ui control library being opened automatically is preferred.

Martin Crisp

Feedback and Knowledge Base